Tuesday, May 27, 2008

cyborgs. final post!

Its late, I'm pooped. But I thought I best be doing a quick last coms blog before its finito. I think Warwicks a freak - just going to put that out there. From his research to his persona; he gives me the heebie geebies. I think he is thinking pessimistically about the future of the human race and seriously undermining our natural instincts. Communication is a fundamental aspect of human life; cyborg communication would mean completely changing the way we live today. Call me old fashioned but I'm completely anti the entire operation involving microchipping and RFID thingybobs, even watching Kevin having the chip inserted in class made me a little squeamish; he hardly sold it to me. I think with a better pitch I could be more open minded towards the idea because the benefits are obvious. Although, like many of us have stated, the pros are definitely outweighed by the cons. I think it will be a pretty whacked out society when everyone around you has been inserted with a microchip - i certainly hope Proush's Law does not apply in this case. It would feel like real life big brother, or something like that Ewan McGregor film; The Island. I'm falling asleep and having a major rant and I'm sure I don't make any sense, best be taking myself off to bed. See you in class!

No comments: